NAEB is the National Agricultural Export Development Board registered Under Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources. Rwanda Tea Development Authority (OCIR THE), Rwanda Coffee Development Authority (OCIR CAFE) and Rwanda Horticulture Development Authority (RHODA) were merged in 2011 to form NAEB.
The formation of the National Agricultural Export Development Board is aimed to improve the balance of payment of Rwanda Economy through increased agricultural exports. NAEB was set up by bringing together three government agencies responsible for the entire Agriculture Export and cash crop base under one management.
Now all services from OCIR CAFE, OCIR THE and RHODA are provided under the National Agricultural Export Development Board.
NAEB offices are located at Gikondo, same premises former OCIR-THE and OCIR-CAFE.
NAEB has the following responsibilities:
1. To participate in elaboration of policies and strategies for developing exports of agricultural and livestock products;
2. To implement policies and strategies for promoting and developing agricultural and livestock products for export;
3. To identify and support research on agricultural extension regarding agricultural and livestock products for export;
4. To collaborate with other institutions to identify places where to install factories processing agricultural and livestock products for export and to grant them authorization;
5. To set quality standards of agriculture and livestock export commodities and make sure they are implemented;
6. To issue certificates of origin for agricultural and livestock products for export as provided for by relevant laws;
7. To supervise facilitate and train private operators and cooperatives involved in agricultural and livestock production for export to benefit them and the country;
8. To partner with and coordinate activities of Non-Governmental organizations, private operators and organs involved in exporting agricultural and livestock products;
9. To contribute to increase investments in industry and infrastructure meant for adding value to agricultural and livestock products for export;
10. To collect information on local, regional and international markets and disseminate them to stakeholders for use;
11. To coordinate activities of stakeholder networks as regards agricultural and livestock products for export;
12. To participate in various international negotiations and trade fairs, both in and outside the country to promote agricultural and livestock products for market expansion and greater number of consumers of agricultural and livestock products from Rwanda;
13. To establish good relations with international organizations with regard to develop agricultural and livestock products export from Rwanda.