The mission of the horticulture Division is: “To support the production of high value horticultural products”.
The Vision of the Division is: “The horticulture sector to be the leading foreign exchange earner in Rwanda”.
1.3. Scope of work
- Explore and propose clear regulatory and conducive environment to assist private sector investment in horticulture
- To identify and develop market oriented value chains
- Collect and disseminate market information to stakeholders
- Plan and carry out capacity building programmes along value chains
- Develop high quality products and conduct market research with a view to identify promising value chains for international markets
1.4. Services offered to the public
- Advisory services on Good agricultural practices
- Technical advice in nursery preparation
- Technical advice on mature fruit trees care and maintenance
- Technical information on post harvest handling of fresh produce
- Advise on marketing skills and directions on market requirements
- Technical advice in plant protection and integrated pest management
- Facilitation to draft bankable projects or investment plans related to horticulture production