· A deliciously sweet nut. These supreme sized macadamia nuts are freshly roasted to perfection, with a slight amount of salt added. Our nuts are high in monounsaturated fatty acid ('good' fat), which can help reduce overall cholesterol levels. Eighty percent of fat in macadamia oil is monounsaturated - six percentage points higher than olive oil, which checks in at 74 percent.
· The nuts are also known to contain flavonoids (a phytochemical) and tocopherols (vitamin E), which are potent antioxidants and can help protect against cancer and heart disease.
· The macadamia nuts are perfect for premium gourmet snacks, served raw, dry roasted, oil roasted and salted. Whether raw or roasted, they can be mixed with or added to a wide range of products. Excellent for use as a bakery ingredient, or to create economically priced retail snack packs
· Currently, there three processing units in Rwanda – Norlega Macadamia Rwanda Limited and Rwanda Nut.
· Macadamia presents a significant investment opportunity for export oriented investors servicing the global market
· The flavour of macadamia oil is clean, intense and rich. Macadamia oil has one of the highest levels of monounsaturated fats of any tree nut oil and contains no cholesterol. It is arguably one of the most versatile oils available for food service applications yet remains little known due more to the popularity and abundance of other vegetable oils.