snow peas (Pisum sativum var. macrocarpon) and snap peas (Pisum sativum var. macrocarpon ser. cv.) coolseason crop grown in many parts of the world. They are flatter than garden peas and are not fully opaque.
- Type of varieties grown in Rwanda: Sugar peas
- Cultivation areas in Rwanda: Rulindo, Musanze and Gicumbi
- Climatic conditions for growth: High altitude areas with cool temperatures 10° to 18°C.
- Soils: Prefers well-drained sandy loam soils rich in organic matter with PH 6.5
- Export destinations: UK and France