Rwanda's relatively cool climate is ideal for growing high-quality carrots. Excess carrots are exported to countries throughout the region and beyond.
- Type of varieties grown in Rwanda: Nantes, Royal Chantenay, Baby carrot and Nevada.
- Where it is grown: Nyagatare, Gatsiro, Kayonza, Burera, Musanze, Rusizi, Nyamasheke Muhanga Nyanza, and Gasabo districts.
- Climatic conditions for growth: cooler climatic conditions with temperature range from 15° to 20°C
- Soils: deep, well-drained, well-prepared sandy loam or loam soils are most suitable
- Destination: Regional market