Toll Free: 3800    

Guides to Exporting

Obtain a tea export license

A tea export license is an official permission to conduct a particular export transaction. For exporting tea from Rwanda, you will need to obtain a Tea export license from the National Agricultural Export Development Board (NAEB). It is valid for one year and renewable on request.

Obtain a certificate of origin

Certificate of origin refers to a document that attests in which country export goods have been obtained, produced, manufactured or processed. It is necessary to profit from trade agreements, such as existing arrangements with EAC, COMESA or EU countries; that grant to certain export products from Rwanda preferable market access.

Obtain a phytosanitary certificate

A phytosanitary certificate is an official document issued by the Rwanda Agriculture and Livestock Inspection and Certification Services (RALIS). It certifies that the plants or plant products covered by the certificate have been inspected according to appropriate procedures and are considered to be free from quarantine pests and that they are considered to conform with the current phytosanitary regulations of the importing country.

Full procedure for export tea

This procedure sequentially compiles the licenses, permits and clearance steps to be fulfilled by a registered business owner exporting a consignment of tea, of more than Rwf 500,000 of value, for the first time out of Rwanda, via Gatuna border.