Baby corn (also known as young corn, cornlets or baby sweetcorn) is a cereal grain taken from corn (maize) harvested early while the stalks are still small and immature. It typically is eaten whole – cob included – in contrast to mature corn, whose cob is too tough for human consumption.
- Varieties grown: Panar, Baby Asian, Kalahari, Silver Queen, Extra Sweet, Early sunglow and
- Ecological requirements:
- Altitude: 0-2400m above sea level.
- Rainfall: 700-1000mm during the growing region
- Temperature: 210-270C
- Soils: Well drained fertile sandy loams with ph ranging from 5-7.
- Destination: UK, Netherlands