Broccoli (Brassica spp.) mature between 60-90 days depending on the type of species. Important species grown in Rwanda include Green sprouting, Early green F1 Hybrid, Stalto F1, Ritardos, and Heritage. Broccoli grows well in cool weather under the following conditions in Rwanda:
- Altitude: Cool high altitude regions
- Outdoors temperatures between 18°C to 21°C conditions.
- Rainfall: Mean annual of 800-1000mm and planted with sufficient water
- Soils: Soil pH of between 6.0 and 7.0 in a well-drained, fertile but moist soil
- Sunshine: Requires at least six hours of sun every day.
- Destination: UK, Netherlands, Belgium