Okra also known as as lady’s fingers is a herbaceous annual plant in the family of malvaceae which is grown for its edible seeds pods. The Pods are rich in vitamins C and E, carotenoids, and phenolic ompounds, especially flavonoids. Are usually ready to be harvested between 45-55 days depending on the species.
- Altitude: Grown in Rwanda on an altitude of no more than 1100 m above sea level
- Temperature: Grown in areas with high sunlight and hot temperatures between 20°C to 30°c
- Soil. Well drained light sandy to medium loam with high organic matter
- Soil PH. Range between 5.8 to 6.8
- Destinations: UK, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates and Dubai